Welcome to Portway
Portway is a Markdown-based, collaborative document app. It’s backed by developer-friendly features that allow integrating content from Portway anywhere on the web.
The collaborative editor allows multiple people to work on a single document in real time. Trigger events using webhooks when you publish a document: generate a static site, trigger a Zapier automation, automate the creation of Portway documents, or roll out new copy to a custom app.
Documents are contained in projects, and each project can fulfill different functions for your team. For example, one project may act as a CMS for a team to publish their content to a Gatsby website. Another project may contain documentation that’s searchable, readable, and editable, all from within the Portway app.
- Real-time CollaborationSee everyone in the current document, and which field they are currently editing.
- Organize documents with fieldsText fields offer full markdown support, while other field types like images, files, and dates allow additional control and features.
- Unlimited ProjectsEach collection of documents is organized into a project. Grant access to team members and control API access per project. Create as many projects as you need.
- Customizable accessChoose the people you need on your project. Grant them appropriate access roles (reader, contributor, admin)
- Full APIPortway provides a complete API which allows full interaction with your content.
- Structured text dataMarkdown text can be consumed raw from the API, or you can use the pre-parsed structured text that turns text into a JSON structure for programmatic consumption.
- Document outlineName and reorder fields within your document in one efficient outline panel.
- Inspired by notes appsAt its core, Portway is designed to be fast and simple. Create a document and start writing.
- Project exportNeed to move your content or want a project in plain text files? Download an archive of markdown files, with your custom fields as front-matter.
- API keysAPI access is controlled by project. Create a read-only key for your website project so a static site generator gets read access. Create writeable keys to add content to a Portway project.
- SearchQuickly find documents in a project using search.
- Drag and drop importAdd content from outside sources by dragging it into a Portway project. It’s really that simple.
- WebhooksNotify other services when a Portway document is published. Trigger static site builds, post a document to Slack, or perform any other operation compatible with webhooks.
- Global CDNAny media you add to Portway is accessible via CDN, so you don’t need a separate asset hosting solution.
- Security and PrivacyYour data belongs to you. We encrypt your data across the web and in our databases. We do not and will never sell your data, period. We minimize data sharing with third party services to those required to run and operate Portway. No one has access to your content except you and the Portway application.
- Accessible on all devicesPortway works on your phone, tablet or computer.
- Dark modePortway looks great whether you’re in dark or light mode.
A Portway subscription is $10/month per user. Add and remove users or cancel your subscription at any time.
Like many great apps, Portway arose from a desire for something we wanted but that did not exist. A simple way to collaborate on content and use it. And it had to use Markdown. So we built Portway to do exactly that. Portway provides the essentials to dive in and write with your team in a Markdown-first environment. And it offers you the tools to use that content anywhere.
With minimal effort we can integrate content into custom web apps. With a few clicks we can setup an automated workflow to build and publish static sites, using content from Portway. And with the same app we can also collaborate on brainstorming ideas and share meeting notes.
Portway is a creation of BonkeyBong, an independent software development shop. We love using and creating beautiful, efficient apps.